Fixators® – Overview
In long-term coopertation with well-known machine manufacturers BW-Fixators® for diffrent applications were developed. Our wide range of products provides the right solution for every alignment.
Requierments for Fixators for machine alignment:
- Actuated connection between machine and foundation
- Simple and economical installation
- Low-friction and thus exact adjustableness
- Sufficient adjustment height with all employments
- Function guarantee by sufficient protection of the adjusting elements
- Universal possibilities of adaptation at cases of application
- Sufficient security against unintentional overloading
- Security against arbitrary adjusting
- Small indulgence by full edition of all basic surfaces (no edge pressing)
Only a few machines provide enough torsion-resistance to meet the required working precision without the support of a frictional connection with the foundation or hall floor. Assuming that the foundation itself is torsion-resistant enough considering the weights that need to be absopted they will still shift long-term because of setting of the construction site or shrinkage of the grout.
Other important factors for foundation displacement are, that by the occuring machining forces – moving workpieces, free mass forces because of moving machine parts etc. – the tracking forces on the machine bed permanently change.
As a result, the aligning of the guiding surfaces gets lost after only a short period of time. The working accurancy of the machines is no longer guaranteed and the guiding surfaces wear out much faster.
Therefore it is necessary to install BW-Fixators® between the machine and the foundation. These allow to compensate the shifting of the machine ground by any time.